Rockies not done spending, still have sights on Mark Trumbo
The Colorado Rockies "remain deeply involved in talks for free agent [outfielder/first baseman] Mark Trumbo," according to USA Today's Bob Nightengale.
The Rockies have already signed Ian Desmond to a five-year, $70 million contract, but FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal said on Wednesday that Colorado's front office wasn't ready to put away the checkbooks. Trumbo would thrive at the plate in Coors Field after leading the MLB with 47 home runs last season, but his defensive liabilities in the outfield are a whole other story.
Trumbo slashed .256/.316/.533 with a .358 wOBA and .277 ISO last season, of which the latter two were both career-highs. He added a career-best 108 RBI's across 667 plate appearances as well.
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Bannister: Rangers' Joey Gallo batting second 'a real possibility' March 17th, 2018
- White Sox tag veteran James Shields as Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) returning to the field Sunday for Cubs March 17th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (wrist) will return to action on Monday March 17th, 2018
- Mariners' Erasmo Ramirez (shoudler) not expected to be ready for start of regular season March 17th, 2018
- Orioles' Mark Trumbo (quad) will miss 3-4 weeks March 15th, 2018
- Orioles' Mark Trumbo (quad) undergoing MRI March 15th, 2018
- Danny Valencia signs a minor league deal with the Orioles March 2nd, 2018
- Orioles' Kevin Gausman cuts eye during collision at plate February 26th, 2018
- Orioles' Jonathan Schoop battling elbow bursitis February 23rd, 2018
- Orioles agree to terms with Colby Rasmus February 21st, 2018