Rockies not done spending, still have sights on Mark Trumbo
The Colorado Rockies "remain deeply involved in talks for free agent [outfielder/first baseman] Mark Trumbo," according to USA Today's Bob Nightengale.
The Rockies have already signed Ian Desmond to a five-year, $70 million contract, but FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal said on Wednesday that Colorado's front office wasn't ready to put away the checkbooks. Trumbo would thrive at the plate in Coors Field after leading the MLB with 47 home runs last season, but his defensive liabilities in the outfield are a whole other story.
Trumbo slashed .256/.316/.533 with a .358 wOBA and .277 ISO last season, of which the latter two were both career-highs. He added a career-best 108 RBI's across 667 plate appearances as well.
- Mariners traded Luiz Gohara to Braves for Mallex Smith January 11th, 2017
- Rays swap Drew Smyly to Mariners for prospect haul including Mallex Smith January 11th, 2017
- Cubs considering batting Kyle Schwarber leadoff in 2017 January 11th, 2017
- Royals swap Jarrod Dyson for Seattle's Nate Karns January 6th, 2017
- Indians finalize contract with Edwin Encarnacion January 6th, 2017
- Cardinals are very much in on Twins' Brian Dozier December 26th, 2016
- Mariners trade Seth Smith to Orioles in exchange for Yovani Gallardo January 6th, 2017
- Orioles agree to deal with Welington Castillo December 14th, 2016
- Mark Trumbo expected to find plenty of suitors on open market November 14th, 2016
- Zach Britton was available for Orioles in Tuesday's Wild Card loss October 5th, 2016
- Michael Bourn starting in right, hitting eighth as Baltimore battles Blue Jays for AL Wild Card October 4th, 2016
- Orioles name Chris Tillman starter for Wild Card Game October 3rd, 2016