Rockies not done spending, still have sights on Mark Trumbo
The Colorado Rockies "remain deeply involved in talks for free agent [outfielder/first baseman] Mark Trumbo," according to USA Today's Bob Nightengale.
The Rockies have already signed Ian Desmond to a five-year, $70 million contract, but FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal said on Wednesday that Colorado's front office wasn't ready to put away the checkbooks. Trumbo would thrive at the plate in Coors Field after leading the MLB with 47 home runs last season, but his defensive liabilities in the outfield are a whole other story.
Trumbo slashed .256/.316/.533 with a .358 wOBA and .277 ISO last season, of which the latter two were both career-highs. He added a career-best 108 RBI's across 667 plate appearances as well.
- Red Sox offer J.D. Martinez five-year, $100 million deal January 17th, 2018
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence will move to left field in 2018 January 16th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants January 16th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Orioles say Manny Machado is 'staying put for now' December 21st, 2017
- Orioles' Zach Britton ruptures Achilles Tuesday, expected to miss at least six months December 20th, 2017
- Anthony Santander out of Sunday's lineup for Orioles October 1st, 2017
- Joey Rickard starting in right field on Sunday for Orioles October 1st, 2017
- Chance Sisco out of Orioles lineup on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Caleb Joseph starting for Orioles on Sunday October 1st, 2017