Rockies not done spending, still have sights on Mark Trumbo
The Colorado Rockies "remain deeply involved in talks for free agent [outfielder/first baseman] Mark Trumbo," according to USA Today's Bob Nightengale.
The Rockies have already signed Ian Desmond to a five-year, $70 million contract, but FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal said on Wednesday that Colorado's front office wasn't ready to put away the checkbooks. Trumbo would thrive at the plate in Coors Field after leading the MLB with 47 home runs last season, but his defensive liabilities in the outfield are a whole other story.
Trumbo slashed .256/.316/.533 with a .358 wOBA and .277 ISO last season, of which the latter two were both career-highs. He added a career-best 108 RBI's across 667 plate appearances as well.
- Trevor Rosenthal (lat) opening season on Cardinals' disabled list March 30th, 2017
- Padres will use Trevor Cahill for third game March 30th, 2017
- Jon Gray taking mound for Rockies on Opening Day March 30th, 2017
- Nationals give closing job to Blake Treinen March 30th, 2017
- Twins send Byung-Ho Park to the minors March 30th, 2017
- Jeanmar Gomez to open year as Phillies' closer March 30th, 2017
- Orioles give Opening Day duties to Kevin Gausman March 27th, 2017
- Orioles' Chris Tillman (shoulder) will receive cortisone injection March 15th, 2017
- Orioles close to minor league deal with Pedro Alvarez March 12th, 2017
- Orioles' Zach Britton says oblique is getting better February 23rd, 2017
- Orioles' Zach Britton dealing with potential oblique injury February 21st, 2017
- Orioles agree to deal with Dodgers, acquire southpaw Vidal Nuno February 20th, 2017