Rockies not done spending, still have sights on Mark Trumbo
The Colorado Rockies "remain deeply involved in talks for free agent [outfielder/first baseman] Mark Trumbo," according to USA Today's Bob Nightengale.
The Rockies have already signed Ian Desmond to a five-year, $70 million contract, but FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal said on Wednesday that Colorado's front office wasn't ready to put away the checkbooks. Trumbo would thrive at the plate in Coors Field after leading the MLB with 47 home runs last season, but his defensive liabilities in the outfield are a whole other story.
Trumbo slashed .256/.316/.533 with a .358 wOBA and .277 ISO last season, of which the latter two were both career-highs. He added a career-best 108 RBI's across 667 plate appearances as well.
- Rangers' Adrian Beltre (calf) to do some jogging on Friday February 24th, 2017
- Marlins' Marcell Ozuna dealing with shoulder tightness February 24th, 2017
- Dodgers inquired about Tigers' Justin Verlander this offseason February 24th, 2017
- Nationals' Max Scherzer (finger) still unable to throw fastballs February 24th, 2017
- Max Scherzer (finger) to throw off mound Saturday for Nationals February 23rd, 2017
- Cubs confirm Kyle Schwarber is frontrunner for leadoff spot February 23rd, 2017
- Orioles' Zach Britton says oblique is getting better February 23rd, 2017
- Orioles' Zach Britton dealing with potential oblique injury February 21st, 2017
- Orioles agree to deal with Dodgers, acquire southpaw Vidal Nuno February 20th, 2017
- Orioles J.J. Hardy undergoes MRI, CT scan on back February 17th, 2017
- Chris Tillman (shoulder) might begin season on Orioles' disabled list February 14th, 2017
- Mariners trade Seth Smith to Orioles in exchange for Yovani Gallardo January 6th, 2017