Mitch Moreland signs with Boston on a one-year
The Boston Red Sox agreed with first baseman Mitch Moreland on a one-year, $5.5 million contract.
Things became official once Moreland passed his physical Thursday. He's slotted to be Boston's regular first baseman in 2017 after turning in a Gold Glove season with the Texas Rangers last season. Hanley Ramirez will head over to designated hitter as a result.
Across 513 plate appearances with the Rangers in 2016, Moreland slashed 0.233/.298/.422 while recording 22 home runs and 60 RBI's in 147 contests.
- Dodgers' Austin Barnes is out of the lineup for Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Joc Pederson is out of the Dodgers' lineup for Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Yasmani Grandal is behind the plate for the Dodgers in Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Dodgers' Curtis Granderson is batting sixth in Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Cubs' Javier Baez is starting at second base in Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Jason Heyward is out of the Cubs' lineup for Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Red Sox' Hanley Ramirez undergoes arthroscopy and debridement on left shoulder October 17th, 2017
- Red Sox' Eduardo Rodriguez out for six months following knee surgery October 17th, 2017
- Red Sox fire manager John Farrell October 11th, 2017
- Boston's Mitch Moreland played through toe and knee injuries during ALDS October 10th, 2017
- Sandy Leon not in Boston's ALDS Game 4 lineup October 9th, 2017
- Boston's Xander Bogaerts will bat second in ALDS Game 4 October 9th, 2017