Mitch Moreland signs with Boston on a one-year
The Boston Red Sox agreed with first baseman Mitch Moreland on a one-year, $5.5 million contract.
Things became official once Moreland passed his physical Thursday. He's slotted to be Boston's regular first baseman in 2017 after turning in a Gold Glove season with the Texas Rangers last season. Hanley Ramirez will head over to designated hitter as a result.
Across 513 plate appearances with the Rangers in 2016, Moreland slashed 0.233/.298/.422 while recording 22 home runs and 60 RBI's in 147 contests.
- Franklin Gutierrez in left field for Los Angeles June 22nd, 2017
- Joc Pederson on Dodgers' bench on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Dodgers starting Enrique Hernandez on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Corey Seager out of lineup for Dodgers on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Mets' T.J. Rivera heads back to the bench on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Dodgers' Chase Utley out of lineup on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Boston's Hanley Ramirez still suffering from shoulder discomfort June 21st, 2017
- Chris Young down to fifth in the Red Sox' batting order June 21st, 2017
- Christian Vazquez in the starting lineup for Boston June 21st, 2017
- Boston's Mitch Moreland returns to the lineup Wednesday June 21st, 2017
- Hanley Ramirez not in the lineup for Boston against the Royals June 21st, 2017
- Andrew Benintendi back in the Red Sox' lineup on Wednesday June 21st, 2017