Mitch Moreland signs with Boston on a one-year
The Boston Red Sox agreed with first baseman Mitch Moreland on a one-year, $5.5 million contract.
Things became official once Moreland passed his physical Thursday. He's slotted to be Boston's regular first baseman in 2017 after turning in a Gold Glove season with the Texas Rangers last season. Hanley Ramirez will head over to designated hitter as a result.
Across 513 plate appearances with the Rangers in 2016, Moreland slashed 0.233/.298/.422 while recording 22 home runs and 60 RBI's in 147 contests.
- David Freese in the lineup for Pittsburgh on Wednesday April 25th, 2018
- Jose Osuna gets starting nod on Wednesday for Pirates April 25th, 2018
- Elias Diaz in Pittsburgh's Wednesday night lineup April 25th, 2018
- Sean Rodriguez leading off for Pirates on Wednesday night April 25th, 2018
- Max Moroff starting on Wednesday for Pittsburgh April 25th, 2018
- James McCann sitting out second leg of Tigers' double-header April 25th, 2018
- Boston's Sandy Leon not starting on Wednesday April 25th, 2018
- Christian Vazquez starting at catcher for the Red Sox on Wednesday April 25th, 2018
- Tzu-Wei Lin out as Red Sox play Blue Jays April 24th, 2018
- Blake Swihart heads to Red Sox' bench Tuesday April 24th, 2018
- Christian Vazquez out of Boston's lineup against Blue Jays April 24th, 2018
- Eduardo Nunez is at second base Tuesday for Red Sox April 24th, 2018