Yankees ink Matt Holliday to a one-year contract
The New York Yankees signed designated hitter Matt Holliday to a one-year, $13 million contract.
The deal is now official after first being reported over the weekend. Holliday is expected to be the Yankees' primary designated hitter, but he'll see the occasional action at first base and in the outfield. Despite turning 37 in January and being limited to 110 games with the St. Louis Cardinals last season, Holliday could carve out some limited fantasy value in New York.
The 13-year veteran slashed .246/.322/.461 across 426 plate appearances in 2016, posting a .335 wOBA and .215 ISO (his best clip since 2011) with 20 taters and 62 RBI's. His .782 OPS was a career-low.
- Brewers' Zach Davies starting rehab stint Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw (back) will make a rehab start on Saturday June 19th, 2018
- Cubs' Yu Darvish (triceps) to throw simulated game Wednesday June 19th, 2018
- Adrian Beltre launches 3-run homer Monday for Rangers June 19th, 2018
- Shin-Soo Choo's huge night helps Rangers topple Royals June 19th, 2018
- Marcus Stroman expected to return for Blue Jays this weekend June 19th, 2018
- Yankees-Nationals Game 2 will start at 6:45pm ET, FanDuel main slate to lock at first pitch June 18th, 2018
- Neil Walker starting at first base Sunday for Yankees June 17th, 2018
- Brett Gardner sitting on Yankees' bench Sunday June 17th, 2018
- Didi Gregorius starting for New York on Friday June 15th, 2018
- Greg Bird starting for New York on Friday June 15th, 2018
- Ronald Torreyes sitting for Yankees on Friday June 15th, 2018