Mets' Wilmer Flores given second cortisone shot for wrist
New York Mets infielder Wilmer Flores was given a second cortisone injection for his injured left wrist.
Flores hasn't played since September 10, when he was involved in an awkward collision at home plate that resulted in a bone bruise. He's expected to be sidelined for another few days. T.J. Rivera is starting at second and James Loney will man first for the Mets on Tuesday.
Flores is enjoying a career-year, recording new highs with a .267/.319/.469 slash, .336 wOBA and .202 ISO across 335 plate appearances this season. He has added 16 home runs, matching his career-high set last year.
- Jorge Soler leading off for Braves in Game 5 on Sunday October 31st, 2021
- Joc Pederson batting fifth in Atlanta's Saturday Game 4 lineup October 30th, 2021
- Jorge Soler heads to Atlanta's bench on Saturday October 30th, 2021
- Jose Siri out of Houston's Game 3 Friday lineup October 29th, 2021
- Joc Pederson heads to Atlanta's bench on Friday night October 29th, 2021
- Braves' Eddie Rosario leading off in Game 2 on Wednesday October 27th, 2021
- San Francisco's Wilmer Flores operating first base on Thursday night October 14th, 2021
- LaMonte Wade Jr. out of Giants' Game 5 Thursday lineup against Dodgers October 14th, 2021
- Dodgers name Corey Knebel as NLDS Game 5 starter over Julio Urias October 14th, 2021
- Darin Ruf in San Francisco's Game 4 lineup Tuesday night October 12th, 2021
- Steven Duggar sitting on Tuesday for San Francisco in Game 4 October 12th, 2021
- Darin Ruf sitting for Giants Monday October 11th, 2021