Indians put Danny Salazar on paternity leave
The Cleveland Indians placed pitcher Danny Salazar on the paternity leave list.
Salazar's next turn in the rotation comes Saturday against the Miami Marlins, and he'll return before then. After a few rough outings in a row, Salazar showed some positive signs on Sunday against the Texas Rangers, allowing two runs and five hits in 5 1/3 innings, while striking out 10. In a corresponding move, reliever Shawn Armstrong was called up from Triple-A Columbus.
Salazar owns a 3.88 ERA, 3.86 xFIP and an impressive 27.0 strikeout percentage (league average is 21.0 percent) in 127 2/3 innings pitched this year. We project him to record a 4.05 ERA and a 1.26 WHIP in 33 1/3 innings over the remaining course of the season.
- Pirates' Jacob Stalling placed on seven-day concussion injured list, Andrew Susac to start against Cleveland on Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Gregory Polanco not in Pirates' Sunday lineup September 27th, 2020
- Brad Miller sitting for Cardinals Sunday September 27th, 2020
- JT Riddle batting seventh for Pirates on Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Tyler O'Neill starting for Cardinals Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Starling Marte starting for Miami on Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Oscar Mercado in center field for Indians on Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Josh Naylor hitting sixth for Cleveland on Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Cleveland's Tyler Naquin receives a breather on Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Roberto Perez behind the plate for Indians on Saturday September 26th, 2020
- Cleveland's Jordan Luplow in Saturday's lineup against Pirates September 26th, 2020
- Cleveland's Jordan Luplow receives a breather on Friday September 25th, 2020