Desmond Jennings to be released by Rays on Saturday
The Tampa Bay Rays are planning on releasing Desmond Jennings on Saturday, reports Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times.
It's been a fall from grace for Jennings, who was once viewed as a future star in the bigs. Unfortunately, injuries and disappointing performance have plagued him for the majority of the past three seasons, culminating in Saturday's evident release. At 29-years-old, there should be a fair share of interest for the outfielder.
In 65 contests this season, Jennings slashed just .200/.281/.350 with 7 homers, 20 RBI's and a .150 ISO in 225 plate appearances. His sky-high 25.8 strikeout percentage is a career-worst.
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Joey Wendle batting sixth for Rays in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Ryan Cordell starting for Mets Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Robinson Chirinos sitting for Mets Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Wilson Ramos catching for Mets Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Jeff McNeil out of Mets lineup Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Friday's Mets-Nationals game postponed due to inclement weather September 25th, 2020
- Wilson Ramos catching for Mets on Friday September 25th, 2020