Arizona's Rubby De La Rosa to rehab his elbow injury
Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Rubby De La Rosa will attempt to rehab his injured right elbow, rather than undergoing surgery.
De La Rosa is dealing with a strained UCL, and suffered a setback last week. He will attempt a bullpen session on the weekend, and the goal is to return to the team in September.
De La Rosa was having a promising season before the injury, with career-bests in both SIERA (3.64) and strikeout rate (23.90 percent) in 47 2/3 innings pitched.
- Yandy Diaz sent to Tampa Bay from Cleveland December 13th, 2018
- Jake Bauers headed to Cleveland in three-team deal December 13th, 2018
- Mariners ship Carlos Santana to Cleveland December 13th, 2018
- Edwin Encarnacion traded to Mariners December 13th, 2018
- Nationals sign pitcher Patrick Corbin to 6-year, $140M deal December 4th, 2018
- Jay Bruce headed to Seattle as part of Robinson Cano trade December 3rd, 2018
- Cardinals acquire Paul Goldschmidt from the Diamondbacks December 5th, 2018
- A.J. Pollock entering Diamondbacks' starting lineup on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- J.R. Murphy in Diamondbacks' starting lineup on Sunday afternoon September 30th, 2018
- Diamondbacks' Patrick Kivlehan starting, hitting seventh on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Nick Ahmed will start for Diamondbacks on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Diamondbacks' Paul Goldschmidt will start on Sunday September 30th, 2018