Arizona's Rubby De La Rosa to rehab his elbow injury
Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Rubby De La Rosa will attempt to rehab his injured right elbow, rather than undergoing surgery.
De La Rosa is dealing with a strained UCL, and suffered a setback last week. He will attempt a bullpen session on the weekend, and the goal is to return to the team in September.
De La Rosa was having a promising season before the injury, with career-bests in both SIERA (3.64) and strikeout rate (23.90 percent) in 47 2/3 innings pitched.
- Report: Alex Bregman extending with Astros for 5 years, $100 million March 20th, 2019
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw (shoulder) to start season on the injured list March 19th, 2019
- Trevor Cahill to take the mound for the Angels on Opening Day March 19th, 2019
- Cubs' Yu Darvish lifted from Cactus League start with blister March 19th, 2019
- Jeremy Jeffress (shoulder) ruled out for Brewers on Opening Day March 19th, 2019
- Yankees' Dellin Betances (shoulder) to start year on injured list March 19th, 2019
- Diamondbacks reportedly sign Adam Jones to one-year contract on Sunday March 10th, 2019
- Cardinals acquire Paul Goldschmidt from the Diamondbacks December 5th, 2018
- A.J. Pollock entering Diamondbacks' starting lineup on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- J.R. Murphy in Diamondbacks' starting lineup on Sunday afternoon September 30th, 2018
- Diamondbacks' Patrick Kivlehan starting, hitting seventh on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Nick Ahmed will start for Diamondbacks on Sunday September 30th, 2018