Arizona's Rubby De La Rosa to rehab his elbow injury
Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Rubby De La Rosa will attempt to rehab his injured right elbow, rather than undergoing surgery.
De La Rosa is dealing with a strained UCL, and suffered a setback last week. He will attempt a bullpen session on the weekend, and the goal is to return to the team in September.
De La Rosa was having a promising season before the injury, with career-bests in both SIERA (3.64) and strikeout rate (23.90 percent) in 47 2/3 innings pitched.
- Kenley Jansen (heart) feels "great", hoping to return next week August 17th, 2018
- Cubs-Pirates expected to start at 8:50 PM ET on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Marlins' Jose Urena to appeal his six-game suspension August 17th, 2018
- Martin Maldonado starting for Astros on Friday night August 17th, 2018
- Astros' Tony Kemp not starting on Friday night August 17th, 2018
- Max Stassi heading back to Astros' bench on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Steven Souza Jr. starting for Arizona on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Jeff Mathis starting on Friday for Arizona August 17th, 2018
- Alex Avila sitting on Friday for Arizona August 17th, 2018
- David Peralta sitting for Arizona on Friday August 17th, 2018
- A.J. Pollock returns for Diamondbacks on Thursday August 16th, 2018
- Paul Goldschmidt moves into Diamondbacks' cleanup spot on Thursday August 16th, 2018