Blue Jays lose Kevin Pillar to sprained thumb
The Toronto Blue Jays placed outfielder Kevin Pillar on the 15-day disabled list with a left thumb sprain.
The injury happened this past weekend against the Kansas City Royals, and it's not yet known how long Pillar will be sidelined. Melvin Upton will replace him in center field against the Tampa Bay Rays on Monday, and should see an increase in playing time with Pillar sidelined. The Blue Jays called up outfielder Darrell Ceciliani from Triple-A Buffalo for extra outfield depth. He owns a .347 wOBA in 284 plate appearances in Triple-A this season.
Pillar is slashing .261/.292/.385 with seven home runs, 10 stolen bases and a .292 wOBA in 443 plate appearances this season. Known more for his defense, Pillar's 32.9 UZR/150 this season is the highest mark among all qualified fielders.
- Jeremy Lamb (conditioning) questionable Saturday for Pacers January 7th, 2022
- Jorge Soler leading off for Braves in Game 5 on Sunday October 31st, 2021
- Joc Pederson batting fifth in Atlanta's Saturday Game 4 lineup October 30th, 2021
- Jorge Soler heads to Atlanta's bench on Saturday October 30th, 2021
- Jose Siri out of Houston's Game 3 Friday lineup October 29th, 2021
- Joc Pederson heads to Atlanta's bench on Friday night October 29th, 2021
- Mets' Luis Guillorme scratched on Sunday, José Peraza to start against Braves October 3rd, 2021
- Mets' Dominic Smith batting fifth on Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Patrick Mazeika catching for Mets on Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Javier Baez sitting for Mets on Saturday October 2nd, 2021
- Mets' Luis Guillorme batting eighth on Saturday October 2nd, 2021
- Michael Conforto batting third for Mets on Saturday October 2nd, 2021