Ken Giles takes over at closer for the Astros
Houston Astros pitcher Ken Giles will take over at closer beginning Tuesday night.
Former closer Will Harris recorded a 6.75 ERA in July, surrendering seven runs (six earned) across eight innings of work. After blowing his third save of the season on Monday against the Toronto Blue Jays, Houston opted to replace Harris with the hard-throwing Giles, who hasn't allowed a run since June 18. The 25-year-old right-hander should be owned across the board in fantasy.
Giles owns a 3.80 ERA, 1.29 WHIP and 34.05 strikeout percentage (7.57 walk percentage) in 42 2/3 innings of work this season.
- Houston's Jose Siri in center field on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Houston's Alex Bregman batting second on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Carlos Correa hitting sixth for Astros on Thursday night September 16th, 2021
- Aledmys Diaz sent to Houston's bench on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jonah Heim joining Rangers' bench against Astros September 16th, 2021
- Adolis Garcia grabbing seat for Rangers Thursday night September 16th, 2021
- Mariners' Cal Raleigh sitting Wednesday afternoon September 15th, 2021
- Jake Bauers sitting for Seattle's Wednesday matinee September 15th, 2021
- Mariners' Jake Fraley (shoulder) reinstated, starting Tuesday September 14th, 2021
- Luis Torrens taking seat for Seattle Tuesday night September 14th, 2021
- Dylan Moore absent from Mariners' lineup versus Red Sox September 14th, 2021
- Tom Murphy on Mariners' bench Tuesday September 14th, 2021