White Sox place Brett Lawrie (hamstring) on disabled list
The Chicago White Sox placed second baseman Brett Lawrie on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to July 22, with a hamstring strain.
Lawrie hasn't played since last Thursday -- the same day he suffered the injury -- and wasn't making enough strides to improve. He likely will be ready to return in early August. In a corresponding move, Carlos Sanchez, and his .328 wOBA in Triple-A this season, will join the White Sox.
Lawrie is slashing .248/.310/.413 with a .311 wOBA in 384 plate appearances, while his ISO has jumped from .148 in 2015 to .165 this season. Our models project him to hit .246/.312/.415 with five home runs and a .316 wOBA over the rest of the season.
- Mariners' Tom Murphy receives Thursday off May 13th, 2021
- Isan Diaz (illness) out of Marlins' lineup versus Diamondbacks May 13th, 2021
- Luis Torrens behind the plate for Seattle on Thursday May 13th, 2021
- Trevor Story sitting Thursday for Rockies May 13th, 2021
- Stephen Vogt out of Arizona's Thursday lineup against Marlins May 13th, 2021
- Rockies' Dom Nunez catching Thursday May 13th, 2021
- Omar Narvaez (hamstring) back for Brewers Thursday afternoon May 13th, 2021
- Avisail Garcia starting for Milwaukee Wednesday night May 12th, 2021
- Pablo Reyes not in Brewers' Wednesday lineup May 12th, 2021
- Dan Vogelbach starting for Brewers on Wednesday May 12th, 2021
- Tyrone Taylor sitting for Milwaukee Wednesday May 12th, 2021
- Pablo Reyes batting eighth for Milwaukee on Tuesday May 11th, 2021