Yasiel Puig (hamstring) remains absent from Dodgers' lineup
Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig (hamstring) remains out of the starting lineup on Wednesday.
Puig was available off the bench on Tuesday night after successfully running the bases during the day, so the scenario could be the same for today's matinee against the Tampa Bay Rays. He tweaked his right hamstring last Thursday during a matchup with the St. Louis Cardinals, and has made just one pinch-hitting appearance since. Scott Van Slyke gets the nod in right field for the Dodgers.
Puig has seen his production fall off with each year he has been in the majors, currently hitting .255/.316/.376 with a .304 wOBA in 297 plate appearances this season. His -0.27 nERD ranks 247th in the majors.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Carlos Santana starting on Sunday for Indians September 29th, 2019
- Jordan Luplow sitting on Sunday for Cleveland September 29th, 2019
- Cleveland's Yasiel Puig receives Saturday off September 28th, 2019
- Cleveland's Franmil Reyes in right field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Indians' Carlos Santana sitting on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Indians' Jordan Luplow hitting third on Saturday September 28th, 2019