Blue Jays' Marco Estrada hits disabled list
The Toronto Blue Jays placed pitcher Marco Estrada on the 15-day disabled list with back discomfort.
The Jays are expecting Estrada to return for their first post-All-Star break homestand. They were initially hoping that he would be able to pitch through this injury, but despite receiving a cortisone shot on Tuesday, the veteran is not yet ready to toe the rubber. Drew Hutchison will start in his place against the Detroit Tigers on Thursday.
Hutchison was re-called on Saturday and pitched one inning of relief against the Cleveland Indians that same day, allowing two runs on three hits. He'll face a Detroit lineup that owns the seventh-best team wOBA (.330) this season, while scoring the 10th most runs.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Oakland's Robbie Grossman starting in Wednesday's AL Wild Card game against Tampa Bay October 2nd, 2019
- Sean Murphy catching for Oakland in AL Wild Card game on Wednesday October 2nd, 2019
- Oakland's Matt Olson batting cleanup in AL Wild Card game against Tampa Bay October 2nd, 2019
- Oakland's Mark Canha starting in Wednesday's AL Wild Card game against the Rays October 2nd, 2019
- Matt Chapman hitting third for Oakland in AL Wild Card game on Wednesday October 2nd, 2019
- Oakland's Ramon Laureano batting second versus Tampa Bay in AL Wild Card game October 2nd, 2019