Blue Jays' Drew Hutchison to start Thursday
Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Drew Hutchison will start Thursday's game against the Detroit Tigers.
As expected, Hutchison will take Marco Estrada's place in the rotation, since Estrada is battling a back injury. Hutchison made one start for Toronto in April before being sent to Triple-A Buffalo. He posted a 2.78 ERA and a 3.22 FIP in 15 starts (87 1/3 innings) with Buffalo.
Hutchison was re-called on Saturday and pitched one inning of relief against the Cleveland Indians that same day, allowing two runs on three hits. He'll face a Detroit lineup that owns the seventh-best team wOBA (.330) this season, while scoring the 10th most runs.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Tommy La Stella starting on Sunday for Los Angeles September 29th, 2019
- Kevan Smith not in Angels' Sunday lineup September 29th, 2019
- Angels' Brian Goodwin hitting second on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Kevan Smith catching for the Angels on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Angels' Taylor Ward in left field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Jared Walsh starting at first base for the Angels on Saturday September 28th, 2019