Blue Jays' Drew Hutchison to start Thursday
Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Drew Hutchison will start Thursday's game against the Detroit Tigers.
As expected, Hutchison will take Marco Estrada's place in the rotation, since Estrada is battling a back injury. Hutchison made one start for Toronto in April before being sent to Triple-A Buffalo. He posted a 2.78 ERA and a 3.22 FIP in 15 starts (87 1/3 innings) with Buffalo.
Hutchison was re-called on Saturday and pitched one inning of relief against the Cleveland Indians that same day, allowing two runs on three hits. He'll face a Detroit lineup that owns the seventh-best team wOBA (.330) this season, while scoring the 10th most runs.
- Mitch Garver grabbing seat for Twins versus Pirates August 4th, 2020
- Jorge Polanco back in Twins' lineup Tuesday August 4th, 2020
- Eddie Rosario cleaning up for Twins on Tuesday August 4th, 2020
- Jacob Stallings sitting Tuesday for Pirates August 4th, 2020
- Jarrod Dyson starting for Pittsburgh on Tuesday August 4th, 2020
- Pirates place Gregory Polanco in right field Tuesday August 4th, 2020
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani diagnosed with flexor pronator strain August 3rd, 2020
- Angels send Shohei Ohtani for MRI after Sunday's start August 2nd, 2020
- Jason Castro not in Angels' Sunday lineup August 2nd, 2020
- Angels' Tommy La Stella (undisclosed) scratched from Saturday's lineup, Luis Rengifo starts at second August 1st, 2020
- Matt Thaiss starting on Saturday for Los Angeles August 1st, 2020
- Albert Pujols starting for Angels Saturday August 1st, 2020