Cardinals state that Trevor Rosenthal remains the team's closer
St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Trevor Rosenthal will continue in his role as the team's closer, indicated manager Mike Matheny.
"We need him. We need him right," said Matheny. "However we’ve got to do that we will. But right now (we’re) not making any major statement about what our plans are." Rosenthal has failed to overcome inconsistent play during the 2016 season, with the last week getting particularly bad.
On the season as a whole, Rosenthal holds a 4.91 ERA, 1.91 WHIP, and 31.13 strikeout percentage across 22 innings. Seung Hwan Oh and Kevin Siegrist are both worth stashing in deeper leagues. Our models currently expect Rosenthal to record a 3.55 ERA, 1.35 WHIP and 26.70 strikeout percentage in 35 2/3 innings over the remainder of the season, assuming he holds down the role.
- Cleveland-Chicago expected to have first pitch at 9 pm EST on Tuesday September 25th, 2018
- Pirates-Cubs expected to start at 9 pm EST on Tuesday September 25th, 2018
- Cleveland-Chicago to start in a rain delay on Tuesday September 25th, 2018
- Tuesday's Braves-Mets game expected to start at 7:40 pm EST September 25th, 2018
- Pirates-Cubs being delayed due to weather on Tuesday September 25th, 2018
- Braves-Mets game on Tuesday to start in a rain delay September 25th, 2018
- Kolten Wong starting for Cardinals on Tuesday September 25th, 2018
- Yairo Munoz sitting on Tuesday for St. Louis September 25th, 2018
- Cardinals' Yairo Munoz starting on Saturday September 22nd, 2018
- Kolten Wong not starting on Saturday for St. Louis September 22nd, 2018
- Matt Carpenter replacing Matt Adams on Friday for St. Louis September 21st, 2018
- Matt Adams starting at first base for Cardinals on Wednesday September 19th, 2018