Colorado's Jake McGee finishes off Cardinals for 13th save
Colorado Rockies reliever Jake McGee made things interesting but got the job done Tuesday, closing out the St. Louis Cardinals to preserve a 3-1 victory.
Protecting the two-run lead, McGee gave up a leadoff single and issued a two-out walk to bring the winning run to the plate, but he blew away Jedd Gyorko to end the game and earn the save. McGee struck out two in the appearance.
He had some shaky times in April but has been much better in May, allowing one run in nine innings while fanning eight and walking two. His 13 saves are second-most in the National League. We project McGee to post a 2.58 ERA with 26 more saves the rest of the way.
- Jonah Heim in Rangers' Saturday lineup September 18th, 2021
- Gavin Sheets hitting sixth in White Sox's Saturday lineup September 18th, 2021
- Leury Garcia starting at shortstop for White Sox on Saturday evening September 18th, 2021
- Yonny Hernandez sitting for Rangers Saturday night September 18th, 2021
- White Sox's Tim Anderson receives Saturday off September 18th, 2021
- Jose Trevino not in Rangers' Saturday lineup September 18th, 2021
- Tommy La Stella starting on Friday for Giants September 17th, 2021
- Curt Casali sitting on Friday for San Francisco September 17th, 2021
- Buster Posey starting for San Francisco on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Wilmer Flores not in Giants' Friday lineup September 17th, 2021
- Steven Duggar idle for Giants versus Padres September 16th, 2021
- Buster Posey on Giants' bench Thursday afternoon September 16th, 2021