Blue Jays' Jesse Chavez will receive three-game suspension for brawl
Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Jesse Chavez will receive a three-game suspension for his role in Sunday afternoon's fracas with the Texas Rangers, per beat writer Shi Davidi of Sportsnet.ca.
Chavez was ejected immediately for throwing at Prince Fielder in the bottom of the eighth inning, after the nastiest part of the brawl had already unfolded. The right-hander walked off the mound right away and probably knew more punishment would be coming from the commissioner's office, but he's going to appeal and will be available until the appeal is heard.
In 14 1/3 innings this season, Chavez holds a sharp 3.14 ERA and 1.47 WHIP while recording a 26.98 strikeout percentage.
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Mets-Marlins in Puerto Rico canceled by COVID-19 March 19th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun suffered fractured jaw Sunday March 8th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun taken to hospital after being hit by a pitch March 8th, 2020
- Danny Santana to open as Rangers' primary center fielder in 2020 March 5th, 2020
- Scott Heineman sitting on Sunday for Texas September 29th, 2019
- Nick Solak not in Rangers' Sunday lineup September 29th, 2019
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa in Texas' Saturday lineup against New York September 28th, 2019