Mark Payton riding pine Tuesday for White Sox
Chicago White Sox outfielder Mark Payton is not in the starting lineup on Tuesday against right-hander Josh Winder and the Minnesota Twins.
Payton is out of the order for the second time in three games, although the previous absence for the lefty-hitter came against a southpaw. A.J. Pollock will move to left field while Adam Engel starts in center and hits ninth. Andrew Vaughn is absent for a second consecutive game.
Pollock has a $2,400 salary on Tuesday and numberFire’s models project him for 9.8 FanDuel points. Engel has a $2,100 salary and is projected for 7.4 FanDuel points. Per our MLB Heat Map, Winder's strikeout rate this season (16.5%) is tied for fourth-lowest out of Tuesday's projected starters.
- Christian Vazquez hitting sixth in Houston's Saturday World Series Game 6 lineup November 5th, 2022
- Trey Mancini operating first base for Astros on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Yuli Gurriel (knee) taken off Houston's World Series roster on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Matt Vierling in center field for Philadelphia on Saturday night November 5th, 2022
- Phillies starting Edmundo Sosa at shortstop in Saturday's World Series Game 6 matchup November 5th, 2022
- Astros' David Hensley batting seventh in Game 5 on Thursday November 3rd, 2022
- Carlos Perez catching for White Sox on Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- Jose Abreu sitting for White Sox on Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- White Sox's Andrew Vaughn batting third on Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- Josh Harrison batting fifth for White Sox on Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- A.J. Pollock sitting for White Sox on Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- Mark Payton batting sixth for White Sox on Wednesday October 5th, 2022