Royals put Kris Medlen, Chris Young on the 15-day disabled list
Kansas City Royals pitchers Kris Medlen and Chris Young have been placed on the 15-day disabled list.
Medlen is tending to a right shoulder injury, which flared up after he was shelled for four runs in just two innings of work Tuesday in a loss to the New York Yankees. He owns a brutal 7.77 ERA and 2.05 WHIP in 24 1/3 total innings this season. His 5.59 SIERA and catastrophic 16.8 walk percentage don't hint at a turnaround.
Young is dealing with a forearm ailment. His 6.68 ERA is a tad misleading as his 4.29 SIERA is actually his best mark since 2007. He's sporting a career-high 21.2 strikeout percentage to go with a solid 7.5 walk percentage. His fly-ball-to-home-run ratio is an insanely (and unsustainably) high 24.1 percent.
- Phillies-Nationals game on Tuesday is postponed June 18th, 2019
- Washington's Max Scherzer suffers a nose injury on Tuesday June 18th, 2019
- Dodgers' Kenta Maeda to get an extra day of rest before next start June 18th, 2019
- Blue Jays promote Billy McKinney to the active roster on Tuesday June 18th, 2019
- Austin Voth to be called up to start for Nationals Wednesday June 18th, 2019
- Yoan Moncada (back) expected to be back in White Sox lineup Wednesday June 18th, 2019
- Arizona's Tim Locastro receives Tuesday off June 18th, 2019
- David Peralta returns to Arizona's lineup on Tuesday June 18th, 2019
- Diamondbacks' Ildemaro Vargas sitting on Tuesday June 18th, 2019
- Arizona's Adam Jones batting in the cleanup spot on Tuesday June 18th, 2019
- Caleb Joseph starting on Sunday for Arizona June 16th, 2019
- Tim Locastro starting on Sunday for Arizona June 16th, 2019