Royals put Kris Medlen, Chris Young on the 15-day disabled list
Kansas City Royals pitchers Kris Medlen and Chris Young have been placed on the 15-day disabled list.
Medlen is tending to a right shoulder injury, which flared up after he was shelled for four runs in just two innings of work Tuesday in a loss to the New York Yankees. He owns a brutal 7.77 ERA and 2.05 WHIP in 24 1/3 total innings this season. His 5.59 SIERA and catastrophic 16.8 walk percentage don't hint at a turnaround.
Young is dealing with a forearm ailment. His 6.68 ERA is a tad misleading as his 4.29 SIERA is actually his best mark since 2007. He's sporting a career-high 21.2 strikeout percentage to go with a solid 7.5 walk percentage. His fly-ball-to-home-run ratio is an insanely (and unsustainably) high 24.1 percent.
- Yandy Diaz sent to Tampa Bay from Cleveland December 13th, 2018
- Jake Bauers headed to Cleveland in three-team deal December 13th, 2018
- Mariners ship Carlos Santana to Cleveland December 13th, 2018
- Edwin Encarnacion traded to Mariners December 13th, 2018
- Nationals sign pitcher Patrick Corbin to 6-year, $140M deal December 4th, 2018
- Jay Bruce headed to Seattle as part of Robinson Cano trade December 3rd, 2018
- Cardinals acquire Paul Goldschmidt from the Diamondbacks December 5th, 2018
- A.J. Pollock entering Diamondbacks' starting lineup on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- J.R. Murphy in Diamondbacks' starting lineup on Sunday afternoon September 30th, 2018
- Diamondbacks' Patrick Kivlehan starting, hitting seventh on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Nick Ahmed will start for Diamondbacks on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Diamondbacks' Paul Goldschmidt will start on Sunday September 30th, 2018