Ke'Bryan Hayes (knee) scratched Sunday for Pirates; Yoshi Tsutsugo enters
Pittsburgh Pirates infielder Ke'Bryan Hayes has been scratched from the lineup Sunday in the team's game against the Philadelphia Phillies.
Hayes is dealing with a knee ailment. As a result, he has been removed from the lineup just an hour before scheduled first pitch. In his absence, Yoshi Tsutsugo will enter the lineup. After some defensive shuffling, he'll get the nod at first base, batting eighth in the order versus Phillies starter Aaron Nola.
In 394 plate appearances this season, Hayes has a .246 batting average with a .673 OPS, 5 home runs, 41 runs, 29 RBI and 11 stolen bases.
- Jace Peterson joining Brewers' bench Monday versus lefty October 3rd, 2022
- Brandon Marsh batting seventh for Phillies on Monday October 3rd, 2022
- Matt Vierling sitting Monday for Phillies October 3rd, 2022
- Martin Maldonado behind bag Monday for Houston October 3rd, 2022
- Christian Vazquez idle for Astros on Monday October 3rd, 2022
- Chas McCormick sitting Monday for Astros October 3rd, 2022
- Jason Delay catching for Pirates Monday October 3rd, 2022
- Pirates' Ben Gamel not in Monday lineup October 3rd, 2022
- Diego Castillo batting seventh for Pirates Monday October 3rd, 2022
- Pirates leave Ji-hwan Bae off Monday lineup October 3rd, 2022
- Ke'Bryan Hayes starting for Pirates Monday October 3rd, 2022
- Cal Mitchell sitting for Pittsburgh Monday October 3rd, 2022