Nicky Lopez idle for Royals versus Yankees
Kansas City Royals infielder Nicky Lopez is not in the starting lineup for Thursday's series opener against right-hander Jameson Taillon and the New York Yankees.
Maikel Garcia, who was called up from Double-A Northwest Arkansas on Thursday, will replace Lopez at shortstop and hit eighth.
Garcia has a $2,000 salary on Thursday and numberFire’s models project him for 6.0 FanDuel points. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Royals’ implied total (3.43) is third-lowest out of the 16 teams on Thursday's main slate.
- Christian Vazquez hitting sixth in Houston's Saturday World Series Game 6 lineup November 5th, 2022
- Trey Mancini operating first base for Astros on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Yuli Gurriel (knee) taken off Houston's World Series roster on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Matt Vierling in center field for Philadelphia on Saturday night November 5th, 2022
- Phillies starting Edmundo Sosa at shortstop in Saturday's World Series Game 6 matchup November 5th, 2022
- Astros' David Hensley batting seventh in Game 5 on Thursday November 3rd, 2022
- Sebastian Rivero squatting Wednesday for Royals October 5th, 2022
- Nicky Lopez not in Royals' final lineup Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- Nate Eaton in right field for Kansas City on Tuesday October 4th, 2022
- Royals starting Nicky Lopez at third base on Tuesday October 4th, 2022
- Kansas City's Hunter Dozier receives Tuesday off October 4th, 2022
- Royals' Ryan O'Hearn sitting Monday October 3rd, 2022