Marlins' Dee Gordon suspended 80 games
Miami Marlins second baseman Dee Gordon has been suspended for 80 games without pay for testing positive for performance-enhancing substances.
This was stunning late-night news. Gordon tested positive for exogenous Testosterone and Clostebol. The suspension is effective immediately. Derek Dietrich and Miguel Rojas figure to see a bump in playing time as a result.
Gordon has turned his career around over the past two seasons and won the National League batting crown during his first year with the Marlins, when he hit .333 with 58 steals and 88 runs scored in 2015. The 28-year-old recently signed a five-year, $50 million extension with Miami, but the club will now be without him until after the All-Star break.
- Jordan Luplow hitting in leadoff spot for Diamondbacks on Saturday July 2nd, 2022
- Arizona's Daulton Varsho receives Saturday off July 2nd, 2022
- Cooper Hummel hitting second in Arizona's Saturday lineup July 2nd, 2022
- David Peralta kept on Arizona's bench on Saturday July 2nd, 2022
- Jake Hager operating third base for Diamondbacks on Saturday July 2nd, 2022
- Arizona's Josh Rojas sitting on Saturday night July 2nd, 2022
- Tres Barrera in Nationals' Saturday lineup July 2nd, 2022
- Keibert Ruiz sitting Saturday for Washington July 2nd, 2022
- Lane Thomas leading off for Washington on Friday July 1st, 2022
- Nationals' Maikel Franco batting sixth on Friday July 1st, 2022
- Maikel Franco sitting for Nationals on Wednesday June 29th, 2022
- Nationals' Ehire Adrianza batting eighth on Wednesday June 29th, 2022