White Sox place David Robertson on bereavment
The Chicago White Sox placed reliever David Robertson on the bereavement list.
Robertson will be away from the club for three to seven days following a death in the family. Nate Jones has been excellent in a setup role this season for the White Sox and should slide seamlessly into a fill-in closer role.
Robertson was excellent as Chicago's closer in 2015, posting a 2.27 xFIP and a 34.4 strikeout percentage -- which ranked eighth among relievers -- in 63 1/3 innings while tallying 34 saves. He has a 0.87 ERA and a 35.1 strikeout percentage and eight saves in 10 1/3 innings pitched this season. Our models currently project Robertson to record a 2.85 ERA with 31 saves in just over 66 innings pitched in 2016.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Phillies fire manager Gabe Kapler after two seasons, per report October 10th, 2019
- Andrew Knapp catching for Phillies in Game 162 September 29th, 2019
- Brad Miller starting for Phillies in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Deivi Grullon catching for Philadelphia on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Phillies' Phil Gosselin in left field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Philadelphia's Sean Rodriguez batting fifth on Saturday September 28th, 2019