Sammy Solis recalled from Triple-A for Nationals
The Washington Nationals recalled reliever Sammy Solis from Triple-A Syracuse.
He's replacing Matt Belisle, who suffered a right calf strain on Tuesday night. Solis has registered an impressive 1.00 ERA, 0.89 WHIP, and 14/3 K/BB ratio over 9 innings this season at the Triple-A level.
Solis made his major league debut last season, throwing 21 1/3 innings of relief for the Nats, posting a 3.38 ERA and a 3.90 xFIP. The Nationals' bullpen currently has a 2.02 ERA, which ranks 3rd best, in 58 innings pitched.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado catching for Houston in World Series Game 5 on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Yordan Alvarez starting in left field for Houston in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Washington's Max Scherzer (neck) scratched, Joe Ross to start in Game 5 October 27th, 2019
- Nationals' Howie Kendrick returns to the lineup for Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Nationals' Yan Gomes catching World Series Game 4 on Saturday October 26th, 2019