Nationals place Matt Belisle (calf) on the disabled list
The Washington Nationals placed reliever Matt Belisle on the 15-day disabled list with a right calf strain.
Belisle suffered the injury while landing after a pitch Tuesday night against the Philadelphia Phillies. If it's a significant strain, he could be out for over a month.
Belisle posted a 2.67 ERA in 33 2/3 innings pitched last season for the St. Louis Cardinals, but his xFIP of 4.52 was significantly higher. He owns a 1.50 ERA and a 4.38 xFIP through 6 innings pitched this season, with just 3 strikeouts.
- Julio Urias will start 2020 season in Dodgers' rotation February 22nd, 2020
- Seattle's Mitch Haniger (back) out at least another month February 20th, 2020
- Toronto's Vladimir Guerrero Jr. likely to bat cleanup in 2020 February 20th, 2020
- Ross: Cubs 'committed' to Kris Bryant as leadoff hitter in 2020 February 20th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (shoulder) 'dealing with crankiness and soreness' February 18th, 2020
- Cardinals' Miles Mikolas (forearm) shut down 3-4 weeks February 18th, 2020
- Twins' Byron Buxton (shoulder) swinging off tee, targeting Opening Day return February 15th, 2020
- Twins' Jake Cave starting Saturday in Game 2 October 5th, 2019
- C.J. Cron sitting Saturday for Minnesota October 5th, 2019
- Max Kepler (shoulder) starting for Twins in Game 1 Friday October 4th, 2019
- Marwin Gonzalez (oblique) starting ALDS Game 1 for Minnesota October 4th, 2019
- Nelson Cruz at DH Friday for Twins in Game 1 October 4th, 2019