Blue Jays' Chris Colabello suspended 80 games for PEDs
Major League Baseball suspended Toronto Blue Jays Chris Colabello 80 games for testing positive for a performance-enhancing drug.
The drug he tested positive for was dehydrochlormethyltestosterone. Colabello put up a surprising .321/.367/.520 batting line for the Blue Jays last season, but now we know he had some help. He's just 2-for-29 this year and will now have to sit out until July. Justin Smoak should handle most of the playing time at first base.
We had projected Colabello for another decent season -- .336 wOBA and 14 home runs -- but he'll be out of the lineup for awhile. Smoak is off to a 4-for-18 (.222) start with 13 strikeouts in 15 games. We currently project Smoak to post a .324 wOBA with 14 home runs in 306 plate appearances this season, but he should surpass the projected plate appearances with Colabello sidelined.
- Josh VanMeter sitting for Arizona Monday September 20th, 2021
- Christian Walker sitting Monday for Diamondbacks September 20th, 2021
- Arizona gives Ildemaro Vargas a start Monday night September 20th, 2021
- Henry Ramos starting for Diamondbacks Monday September 20th, 2021
- Pirates' Anthony Alford sitting Monday versus Reds September 20th, 2021
- Pirates place Jacob Stallings on concussion list September 20th, 2021
- Omar Narvaez out of Milwaukee's Monday lineup September 20th, 2021
- Milwaukee's Willy Adames (quad) batting second on Monday evening September 20th, 2021
- Manny Pina catching for Milwaukee on Monday September 20th, 2021
- Avisail Garcia hitting in cleanup spot for Brewers on Monday September 20th, 2021
- Jace Peterson sent to Brewers' bench on Monday September 20th, 2021
- Jackie Bradley Jr. starting for Brewers on Sunday September 19th, 2021