Giants demote Chris Heston to Triple-A
San Francisco Giants right handed pitcher Chris Heston has been optioned to Triple-A Sacramento.
Heston had allowed six runs on nine hits and six walks in five innings of relief this season for the Giants. He was a workhorse out of the rotation last season, but he really hasn't adjusted well to the new bullpen role. The right-hander can pitch out of the rotation at Sacramento and wait his turn for an opening at the major league level.
Heston has a 10.80 ERA against 29 batters this season, recording a 10.3 strikeout percentage and 20.7 walk percentage.
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) to hit off tee Friday February 22nd, 2019
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw (arm) to play catch in a 'few days' February 22nd, 2019
- Braves' Mike Soroka experiencing renewed shoulder soreness February 22nd, 2019
- Mets' Jed Lowrie dealing with knee injury February 22nd, 2019
- Michael Lorenzen to pitch, play center field for Reds this spring February 22nd, 2019
- Reds' Sonny Gray dealing with elbow stiffness February 22nd, 2019
- Marwin Gonzalez signs with Twins for 2 years, $21 million February 22nd, 2019
- Twins fire manager Paul Molitor October 2nd, 2018
- Twins' Chris Gimenez sitting Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Max Kepler starting for Twins in season finale September 30th, 2018
- Mitch Garver playing designated hitter for Twins versus White Sox September 30th, 2018
- Jake Cave hitting third for Twins Sunday September 30th, 2018