Giants demote Chris Heston to Triple-A
San Francisco Giants right handed pitcher Chris Heston has been optioned to Triple-A Sacramento.
Heston had allowed six runs on nine hits and six walks in five innings of relief this season for the Giants. He was a workhorse out of the rotation last season, but he really hasn't adjusted well to the new bullpen role. The right-hander can pitch out of the rotation at Sacramento and wait his turn for an opening at the major league level.
Heston has a 10.80 ERA against 29 batters this season, recording a 10.3 strikeout percentage and 20.7 walk percentage.
- Cody Bellinger's Game 4 walk-off Tuesday night evens up series for Dodgers October 17th, 2018
- Austin Barnes starting at catcher for Dodgers on Tuesday October 16th, 2018
- Dodgers' Yasmani Grandal sitting on Tuesday October 16th, 2018
- Jonathan Schoop draws start for Brewers in Game 4 Tuesday October 16th, 2018
- Manny Pina behind the bag for Milwaukee in Game 4 versus Dodgers October 16th, 2018
- Brian Dozier starting at second base for Dodgers on Tuesday October 16th, 2018
- Twins fire manager Paul Molitor October 2nd, 2018
- Twins' Chris Gimenez sitting Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Max Kepler starting for Twins in season finale September 30th, 2018
- Mitch Garver playing designated hitter for Twins versus White Sox September 30th, 2018
- Jake Cave hitting third for Twins Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Johnny Field starting for the Twins on Saturday September 29th, 2018