Josh Donaldson (calf) back in Blue Jays' lineup
Toronto Blue Jays third baseman Josh Donaldson (calf) is back in the Blue Jays' lineup on Friday versus the Boston Red Sox.
Donaldson exited Wednesday's loss to the Tampa Bay Rays due to a strained calf. He's in the designated hitter spot Friday in order to protect the calf as much as possible, but fantasy owners will take it as long as his bat is in there. Darwin Barney is at third base, Edwin Encarnacion is at first and Chris Colabello and Justin Smoak are on the bench.
Donaldson had a career year in 2015, posting a .398 wOBA, hitting 41 home runs, and recording the third highest Wins Above Replacement at 8.7. Our models project him to post a .383 wOBA with 35 jacks, 104 runs, and 106 RBI in 2016, pending the severity of his injury.
- Kurt Suzuki catching for Angels on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Angels' Juan Lagares batting ninth on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Angels' Phil Gosselin batting fourth on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Dodgers' Gavin Lux scratched on Friday, Matt Beaty to start against Reds September 17th, 2021
- Yan Gomes handling catching duties for Athletics on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Oakland's Matt Chapman hitting sixth on Friday night September 17th, 2021
- Twins' Brent Rooker (paternity) returning Friday September 17th, 2021
- Nick Gordon grabbing seat Friday for Twins September 17th, 2021
- Rob Refsnyder back in Minnesota's lineup Friday September 17th, 2021
- Max Kepler batting fifth in Twins' Wednesday lineup September 15th, 2021
- Minnesota's Luis Arraez leading off on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Jake Cave in left field for Minnesota on Wednesday September 15th, 2021