Brian Goodwin on White Sox's bench Tuesday afternoon
Chicago White Sox outfielder Brian Goodwin is not in the starting lineup for Tuesday afternoon's game against left-hander Tyler Alexander and the Detroit Tigers.
Goodwin is grabbing a seat after starting at designated hitter in Monday's opener. This is the fourth time in six games that the Tigers are holding Goodwin out of the lineup. Yoan Moncada is shifting to the DH role and batting sixth Tuesday. Leury Garcia is on the hot corner and hitting seventh. Adam Engel is starting in right field and hitting eighth in his first game back from the 10-day injured list for a shoulder injury.
numberFire’s models project Moncada for 11.9 FanDuel points and he has a $3,500 salary on Tuesday’s slate. Per our MLB Heat Map, the White Sox have an implied total of 4.9 runs. Alexander is registering a 19.6 strikeout percentage and a 6.0 walk percentage this season, with a 4.62 xERA and a .326 xwOBA.
- Matt Beaty operating first base for Dodgers on Saturday October 23rd, 2021
- Albert Pujols heads to Dodgers' bench on Saturday night October 23rd, 2021
- Boston's Kevin Plawecki behind the plate on Friday October 22nd, 2021
- Astros starting Chas McCormick in center on Friday night October 22nd, 2021
- Albert Pujols operating first base for Los Angeles on Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- A.J. Pollock hitting fifth in Dodgers' Game 5 Thursday lineup October 21st, 2021
- Yoan Moncada hitting second for White Sox in ALDS Game 4 October 12th, 2021
- Astros-White Sox Game 4 postponed Monday due to weather October 11th, 2021
- Cesar Hernandez starting for White Sox on Sunday for Game 3 October 10th, 2021
- Adam Engel not in Chicago's Sunday lineup for Game 3 October 10th, 2021
- Gavin Sheets starting for White Sox Sunday night in Game 3 October 10th, 2021
- Andrew Vaughn sitting for White Sox in Sunday's Game 3 October 10th, 2021