Gio Urshela (hamstring) headed to Yankees' IL
The New York Yankees are placing infielder Gio Urshela (hamstring) on the 10-day injured list.
Urshela missed the Yankees' last four games due to a hamstring issue. He only appeared in six games since returning from the COVID-19 injured list on July 25. The Yankees haven't provided an expected timeline for Urshela's absence. Rougned Odor covered the hot corner for the Yankees on Monday versus the Baltimore Orioles.
Urshela is averaging 8.5 FanDuel points per game while slashing .274/.315/.439 with 11 homers and 41 RBI over 330 plate appearances (84 games) this season.
- Kurt Suzuki catching for Angels on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Angels' Juan Lagares batting ninth on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Angels' Phil Gosselin batting fourth on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Dodgers' Gavin Lux scratched on Friday, Matt Beaty to start against Reds September 17th, 2021
- Yan Gomes handling catching duties for Athletics on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Oakland's Matt Chapman hitting sixth on Friday night September 17th, 2021
- Kyle Higashioka catching for Yankees on Friday September 17th, 2021
- DJ LeMahieu leading off for Yankees on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Luke Voit taking seat Thursday for Yankees September 16th, 2021
- DJ LeMahieu on Yankees' bench Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Joey Gallo joining Yankees' bench Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Gary Sanchez catching Wednesday for Yankees September 15th, 2021