Starlin Castro suspended 30 games, Nationals to release after
Washington Nationals infielder Starlin Castro has been suspended 30 games without pay for violating the league's Joint Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Policy.
Castro had been on administrative leave for the past three weeks while MLB conducted their investigation. The Nationals released a statement saying that Castro will be released once his suspension is finished.
Castro was averaging 7.5 FanDuel points per game this season while slashing .283/.333/.375 with 20 doubles and 38 RBI over 346 plate appearances. He has career-highs in xBA (.270) and xwOBA (.323).
- Kole Calhoun not in Diamondbacks' Saturday lineup September 25th, 2021
- Jose Trevino catching for Rangers on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Charlie Culberson out of Rangers' Saturday lineup against Orioles September 25th, 2021
- Rangers' Andy Ibanez sitting on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Minnesota's Luis Arraez receives Saturday off September 25th, 2021
- Yandy Diaz starting on Saturday for Tampa Bay September 25th, 2021
- Washington's Carter Kieboom scratched on Friday, Jordy Mercer batting seventh September 24th, 2021
- Nationals' Keibert Ruiz catching Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Nationals place Yadiel Hernandez on paternity leave September 23rd, 2021
- Nationals' Keibert Ruiz resting Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Carter Kieboom (thumb) starting Wednesday for Nationals September 22nd, 2021
- Yadiel Hernandez in left field for Nationals on Tuesday September 21st, 2021