Marlins moving Starling Marte, acquiring Jesus Luzardo from Athletics
The Miami Marlins are trading outfielder Starling Marte to the Oakland Athletics for left-handed pitcher Jesus Luzardo, per multiple reports.
Marte is scheduled to be a free agent after the season and he had emerged as one of the most in-demand players ahead of Friday afternoon's trade deadline. The 32-year-old will likely slot in near the top of the Athletics' order and take over as the starting center fielder. That could move Ramon Laureano over to right field, which would seemingly end the platoon of Seth Brown and Stephen Piscotty.
Marte is averaging 13.0 FanDuel points per game this season while slashing .305/.405/.451 with 7 homers, 25 RBI, 52 runs scored, and a 22-for-25 conversion rate on steal attempts. His .376 wOBA ranks in the top 10th percentile of the league this season.
- Kurt Suzuki catching for Angels on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Angels' Juan Lagares batting ninth on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Angels' Phil Gosselin batting fourth on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Dodgers' Gavin Lux scratched on Friday, Matt Beaty to start against Reds September 17th, 2021
- Tommy La Stella starting on Friday for Giants September 17th, 2021
- Curt Casali sitting on Friday for San Francisco September 17th, 2021
- Yan Gomes handling catching duties for Athletics on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Oakland's Matt Chapman hitting sixth on Friday night September 17th, 2021
- Jed Lowrie idle Thursday afternoon for Athletics September 16th, 2021
- Yan Gomes grabbing seat for Oakland Thursday afternoon September 16th, 2021
- Athletics' Seth Brown sitting Thursday afternoon September 16th, 2021
- Sean Murphy sitting Wednesday for Athletics September 15th, 2021