Gio Urshela going on Yankees' COVID-19 list
New York Yankees infielder Gio Urshela is one of six Yankees players to test positive for COVID-19.
Urshela is expected to be joined by Aaron Judge and Kyle Higashioka on the COVID-19 injured list. Thursday's second-half opener against the Boston Red Sox was postponed due to the multiple positive tests on the Yankees, but Friday's game is tentatively expected to be played.
Urshela is averaging 8.7 FanDuel points per game while slashing .275/.315/.441 with 11 homers and 38 RBI across 314 plate appearances. His xBA has dropped from .311 (top three percent of the league) last season to .258 in 2021.
- Max Stassi catching for Angels on Tuesday September 21st, 2021
- Kurt Suzuki out of Angels' Tuesday lineup against Houston September 21st, 2021
- Juan Lagares in center field for Los Angeles on Tuesday September 21st, 2021
- Brandon Marsh sent to Angels' bench on Tuesday night September 21st, 2021
- Dodgers place Cody Bellinger (rib) on injured list, Luke Raley to start on Tuesday September 21st, 2021
- Chicago's Alfonso Rivas (finger) scratched on Tuesday, Trayce Thompson batting seventh September 21st, 2021
- Luke Voit on Yankees' bench Monday September 20th, 2021
- Gary Sanchez catching for Yankees against Rangers September 20th, 2021
- Joey Gallo (neck) in left field Monday for Yankees September 20th, 2021
- Kyle Higashioka starting for Yankees on Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Gary Sanchez sitting for Yankees on Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Joey Gallo (neck) out of Yankees' Sunday lineup September 19th, 2021