Athletics put Chad Pinder (hamstring) on injured list
The Oakland Athletics put infielder/outfielder Chad Pinder on the 10-day injured list with a right hamstring strain.
Pinder suffered the injury while running to first base on the final out of Wednesday's game against the Houston Astros. Athletics manager Bob Melvin indicated that Pinder will likely miss at least a month. The Athletics purchased the contract of infielder Jacob Wilson from Triple-A Las Vegas in a corresponding roster move. Matt Chapman is replacing Pinder on third base Thursday and hitting fifth versus Astros' right-hander Lance McCullers.
numberFire’s models project Chapman for 10.4 FanDuel points and he has a $3,600 salary on Thursday. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Athletics have an implied total of 4.0 runs. Among Thursday's listed starters, McCullers is registering the worst walk rate this season (12.7 percent).
- David Fletcher sitting for Los Angeles on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Kean Wong batting ninth for Angels on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jason Castro catching for Houston on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Astros' Alex Bregman batting second on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Travis d'Arnaud taking seat Wednesday for Atlanta September 22nd, 2021
- Chad Pinder heads to Oakland's bench on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Athletics starting Sean Murphy at catcher on Wednesday night September 22nd, 2021
- Oakland's Yan Gomes receives Wednesday off September 22nd, 2021
- Tony Kemp in left field for Athletics on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jed Lowrie batting cleanup in Oakland's Wednesday lineup September 22nd, 2021
- Chad Pinder in right field for Athletics on Monday night September 20th, 2021