Jonathan Lucroy joins Braves, starting Wednesday afternoon
Atlanta Braves catcher Jonathan Lucroy is in the starting lineup for Wednesday afternoon's series finale against right-hander Wil Crowe and the Pittsburgh Pirates.
The Braves purchased Lucroy's contract from Triple-A Gwinnett to replace William Contreras on the active roster. Lucroy signed a minor-league deal with Atlanta in mid-May after he was released by the Washington Nationals in April. He will catch for Drew Smyly on Wednesday and hit eighth while Kevan Smith sits.
numberFire’s models project Lucroy for 8.1 FanDuel points and he has a $2,000 salary on Wednesday. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Braves are currently one of only three teams in the majors on Wednesday with an implied total above 5.0 runs. Crowe is registering a 20.0 strikeout percentage with a 10.9 walk percentage this season.
- David Fletcher handling second base for Los Angeles on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Kurt Suzuki behind the plate for Angels on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Max Stassi sent to Angels' bench on Thursday night September 23rd, 2021
- Danny Jansen catching for Toronto on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jason Castro not in Astros' Thursday lineup September 23rd, 2021
- Yordan Alvarez sitting for Houston on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- William Contreras on Braves' bench Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Atlanta's Eddie Rosario resting Thursday afternoon September 23rd, 2021
- Travis d'Arnaud taking seat Wednesday for Atlanta September 22nd, 2021
- William Contreras catching Wednesday for Braves September 22nd, 2021
- Atlanta's Travis d'Arnaud starting behind the plate on Tuesday night September 21st, 2021
- William Contreras catching for Atlanta on Monday September 20th, 2021