C.J. Wilson (shoulder) suffers another setback for Angels
Los Angeles Angels pitcher C.J. Wilson (shoulder) didn't feel right after throwing off a mound Saturday.
Yet another setback for the veteran left-hander. It's now a guarantee he will open the 2016 season on the 15-day disabled list, clearing a spot in the rotation for right-hander Matt Shoemaker. Wilson is planning to throw long-toss for the next few days, and the Angels will see how his shoulder responds to the workout. He can be considered out indefinitely.
Wilson struggled to a 4.24 xFIP in 2015 and had a strikeout percentage of 19.9, which is just below league average, in 132 innings pitched. His performance earned him 1.4 Wins Above Replacement. Our projections have him posting a 4.09 ERA and 18.e percent strikeout rate in 2016.
- Cardinals' Miles Mikolas placed on paternity leave list July 18th, 2018
- Scott Schebler (shoulder) lands on Reds' disabled list July 18th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (hip) starting at first base in rehab game Wednesday July 18th, 2018
- Rays' Wilson Ramos (hamstring) will start the second half of the season on the DL July 17th, 2018
- Nationals' Stephen Strasburg (shoulder) returning on Friday July 17th, 2018
- Phillies interested in Toronto's J.A. Happ July 17th, 2018
- Jose Briceno on the Angels' bench for Saturday's tilt with the Dodgers July 14th, 2018
- Jose Fernandez absent from Angels' Saturday lineup July 14th, 2018
- Kole Calhoun dropped to seventh in Angels' Saturday lineup July 14th, 2018
- Luis Valbuena not in the lineup on Saturtday for Los Angeles July 14th, 2018
- Martin Maldonado is in the Angels' Saturday lineup July 14th, 2018
- Angels' Jefry Marte getting the start at first on Saturday July 14th, 2018