C.J. Wilson (shoulder) suffers another setback for Angels
Los Angeles Angels pitcher C.J. Wilson (shoulder) didn't feel right after throwing off a mound Saturday.
Yet another setback for the veteran left-hander. It's now a guarantee he will open the 2016 season on the 15-day disabled list, clearing a spot in the rotation for right-hander Matt Shoemaker. Wilson is planning to throw long-toss for the next few days, and the Angels will see how his shoulder responds to the workout. He can be considered out indefinitely.
Wilson struggled to a 4.24 xFIP in 2015 and had a strikeout percentage of 19.9, which is just below league average, in 132 innings pitched. His performance earned him 1.4 Wins Above Replacement. Our projections have him posting a 4.09 ERA and 18.e percent strikeout rate in 2016.
- Cardinals acquire Paul Goldschmidt from the Diamondbacks December 5th, 2018
- Nationals sign pitcher Patrick Corbin to 6-year, $140M deal December 4th, 2018
- Jay Bruce headed to Seattle as part of Robinson Cano trade December 3rd, 2018
- Seattle finalizes Edwin Diaz trade to the New York Mets December 3rd, 2018
- Seattle's Robinson Cano long-rumoured trade to Mets finally official December 3rd, 2018
- Carlos Santana dealt to Seattle from Philadelphia on Monday December 3rd, 2018
- Andrelton Simmons on Angels' bench against Athletics September 30th, 2018
- Angels' Joe Hudson in Sunday's lineup September 30th, 2018
- Justin Upton out of Angels' lineup versus Oakland September 30th, 2018
- Jefry Marte draws start for Angels Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Shohei Ohtani hitting third for Angels versus Athletics September 30th, 2018
- Mike Trout hitting second for Angels in Sunday's finale September 30th, 2018