C.J. Wilson (shoulder) suffers another setback for Angels
Los Angeles Angels pitcher C.J. Wilson (shoulder) didn't feel right after throwing off a mound Saturday.
Yet another setback for the veteran left-hander. It's now a guarantee he will open the 2016 season on the 15-day disabled list, clearing a spot in the rotation for right-hander Matt Shoemaker. Wilson is planning to throw long-toss for the next few days, and the Angels will see how his shoulder responds to the workout. He can be considered out indefinitely.
Wilson struggled to a 4.24 xFIP in 2015 and had a strikeout percentage of 19.9, which is just below league average, in 132 innings pitched. His performance earned him 1.4 Wins Above Replacement. Our projections have him posting a 4.09 ERA and 18.e percent strikeout rate in 2016.
- Seattle's Justus Sheffield to pitch on Friday out of the bullpen April 23rd, 2019
- Mariners' Yusei Kikuchi to make a shortened start on Friday April 23rd, 2019
- Cleveland's Carlos Carrasco being sent for an MRI on his left knee April 23rd, 2019
- Cubs' Addison Russell (suspension) to begin playing games in Triple-A on Wednesday April 23rd, 2019
- Rangers' Hunter Pence starting at DH Tuesday night April 23rd, 2019
- Delino DeShields is not starting Tuesday for Texas April 23rd, 2019
- Tommy La Stella starting on Tuesday for Los Angeles April 23rd, 2019
- Justin Bour starting for Los Angeles on Tuesday April 23rd, 2019
- Zack Cozart sitting on Tuesday for Angels April 23rd, 2019
- Jonathan Lucroy sitting for Los Angeles on Tuesday April 23rd, 2019
- Jonathan Lucroy squatting Monday for Angels April 22nd, 2019
- Justin Bour out of Angels' Monday lineup April 22nd, 2019