Red Sox put Kevin Plawecki (hamstring) on IL
The Boston Red Sox placed catcher Kevin Plawecki on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to June 21, with a left hamstring strain.
Plawecki picked up the injury during Sunday's game. The Red Sox called up Connor Wong from Triple-A Worcester to replace Plawecki as Christian Vazquez's backup. Vazquez will catch left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez on Tuesday and bat seventh versus right-hander Andrew Kittredge and the Tampa Bay Rays.
numberFire’s models project Vazquez for 9.3 FanDuel points and he has a $2,500 salary on Tuesday. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Red Sox have an implied total of 3.9 runs.
- Chas McCormick batting second in Houston's Thursday lineup against Twins August 5th, 2021
- Astros starting Martin Maldonado at first base on Thursday night August 5th, 2021
- Houston's Carlos Correa receives a breather on Thursday August 5th, 2021
- Myles Straw heads to Cleveland's bench on Thursday night August 5th, 2021
- Harold Ramirez hitting in fifth spot for Cleveland on Thursday August 5th, 2021
- Ernie Clement starting at third base for Cleveland on Thursday evening August 5th, 2021
- Red Sox's Jarren Duran sitting Thursday versus Tigers August 5th, 2021
- Bobby Dalbec back on first Thursday for Boston August 5th, 2021
- Christian Vazquez kept out of Red Sox's lineup Thursday August 5th, 2021
- Enrique Hernandez leading off for Boston on Wednesday August 4th, 2021
- Red Sox starting Marwin Gonzalez (hamstring) at second base on Tuesday August 3rd, 2021
- Franchy Cordero operating first base for Red Sox on Tuesday night August 3rd, 2021