Yankees' Luke Voit (oblique) begins rehab assignment
New York Yankees first baseman Luke Voit (oblique) has begun his rehab assignment.
Voit went 1-for-3 with an RBI double Sunday for Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre in his first rehab game. He also played five innings at first base in what was Voit's first live game since suffering an oblique strain last month. The 30-year-old is expected back with the Yankees by the end of the week. D.J. LeMahieu has been making most of the starts at first base without Voit available.
Voit is 8-for-44 (.182) with 15 strikeouts and averaging 6.2 FanDuel points per game this season. His xSLG has dropped from .584 to .317 from last season.
- Tres Barrera sitting Sunday for Nationals July 25th, 2021
- Andrew Stevenson sitting for Nationals Sunday July 25th, 2021
- Carter Kieboom batting seventh for Nats Sunday July 25th, 2021
- Atlanta's Stephen Vogt sitting Sunday July 25th, 2021
- Victor Robles starting for Nationals Sunday July 25th, 2021
- Zack Short starting for Detroit Sunday July 25th, 2021
- Rob Brantly handling catching duties for New York on Saturday afternoon July 24th, 2021
- Estevan Florial in center field for Yankees on Saturday July 24th, 2021
- Yankees' Gary Sanchez resting on Saturday July 24th, 2021
- Gary Sanchez catching for Yankees on Friday July 23rd, 2021
- Tyler Wade sitting for Yankees on Friday July 23rd, 2021
- Chris Gittens batting seventh for New York on Friday July 23rd, 2021