Cubs' Javier Baez (thumb) scratched on Sunday, Eric Sogard to start against Cardinals
Chicago Cubs infielder Javier Baez (thumb) has been scratched from Sunday's game against the St. Louis Cardinals.
Baez's thumb injury is reportedly acting up following a diving play in Saturday's game and he has been removed for precautionary reasons. Sergio Alcantara will move from second base to shortstop with Eric Sogard entering the lineup at second base. Sogard will bat seventh versus right-hander Carlos Martinez and the Cardinals.
The Cubs implied team total of 4.71 runs is the eleventh-highest team total on Sunday's 'All Day' slate, according to numberFire's DFS Heat Map.
- Luke Raley batting eighth for Dodgers on Saturday July 24th, 2021
- Dodgers' Sheldon Neuse batting sixth on Saturday July 24th, 2021
- Cody Bellinger (hamstring) sitting for Dodgers on Saturday July 24th, 2021
- Dodgers' Albert Pujols batting clean up on Saturday July 24th, 2021
- Matt Beaty sitting for Los Angeles on Saturday July 24th, 2021
- Aramis Garcia catching for Athletics on Saturday July 24th, 2021
- Cubs starting Willson Contreras behind the plate on Saturday July 24th, 2021
- Matt Duffy heads to Cubs' bench on Saturday afternoon July 24th, 2021
- Patrick Wisdom batting sixth for Cubs on Saturday July 24th, 2021
- Jason Heyward back in Cubs' lineup against Arizona July 23rd, 2021
- Patrick Wisdom riding pine Friday for Cubs July 23rd, 2021
- Kris Bryant (hamstring) back in Cubs' lineup Friday July 23rd, 2021