Tigers' Michael Fulmer (shoulder) may have minimum IL stint
The Detroit Tigers are hopeful pitcher Michael Fulmer (right shoulder strain) will only require a minimum stay on the 10-day injured list.
Fulmer will first be eligible to return on Sunday. He will resume mound work this week and be evaluated from there. The right-hander has earned four saves in five opportunities since being moved to a relief role in early May. Jose Cisnero and Gregory Soto are expected to share save opportunities without Fulmer available.
Fulmer is registering a 2.42 ERA and 29.5 strikeout percentage over 22 1/3 innings as a reliever this season, compared to a 4.97 ERA and 12.5 strikeout percentage as a starter (12 2/3 innings).
- Yankees reportedly finalizing trade for Anthony Rizzo July 29th, 2021
- Colorado's Elias Diaz resting on Thursday night July 29th, 2021
- Colorado's Connor Joe sitting on Thursday night July 29th, 2021
- Rio Ruiz operating first base for Rockies on Thursday July 29th, 2021
- Charlie Blackmon returns to Colorado's lineup on Thursday July 29th, 2021
- Brandon Marsh hitting sixth for Angels on Thursday July 29th, 2021
- Jonathan Schoop (back) starting Thursday for Detroit July 29th, 2021
- Harold Castro held out of Tigers' lineup Thursday July 29th, 2021
- Detroit's Derek Hill hitting second Wednesday afternoon July 28th, 2021
- Jonathan Schoop (back) scratched Wednesday, Harold Castro on first for Detroit July 28th, 2021
- Miguel Cabrera taking seat Wednesday for Tigers versus Twins July 28th, 2021
- Zack Short handling shortstop duties for Detroit on Tuesday July 27th, 2021