Marlins' A.J. Ramos (calf) threw simulated inning Sunday
Miami Marlins relief pitcher A.J. Ramos (calf) threw a simulated inning Sunday.
Ramos is being held out of Grapefruit League action while he nurses a minor calf injury. It's just a precautionary measure; he says his arm feels great. The right-hander is in line to open the 2016 season as the Marlins' closer. Carter Capps was going to be a challenger for that role, but he's off to see Dr. James Andrews on Monday about a potential elbow injury.
Across 70 1/3 innings pitched last year, Ramos had a ridiculous 31.41 percent strikeout rate and 9.39 percent walk rate. He recorded a 2.30 ERA and 3.01 FIP.
- Corey Seager hitting second for Dodgers on Friday April 16th, 2021
- Minnesota's Kyle Garlick hitting in cleanup spot on Friday April 16th, 2021
- Josh Donaldson batting second for Twins on Friday night April 16th, 2021
- Mookie Betts leading off for Dodgers on Friday night April 16th, 2021
- Justin Upton hitting in cleanup spot for Angels on Friday April 16th, 2021
- Dodgers' Edwin Rios sitting on Friday April 16th, 2021
- Mets-Rockies postponed by weather Friday April 16th, 2021
- Rockies starting Alan Trejo at shortstop on Thursday night April 15th, 2021
- Josh Fuentes hitting fifth for Rockies on Thursday April 15th, 2021
- Charlie Blackmon out of Colorado's Thursday lineup against Dodgers April 15th, 2021
- Colorado's Trevor Story receives a breather on Thursday April 15th, 2021
- Elias Diaz behind the plate for Colorado on Thursday night April 15th, 2021