Drew Smyly, Braves drawing depleted Nationals Tuesday
Atlanta Braves pitcher Drew Smyly will start on Tuesday afternoon against right-hander Max Scherzer and the Washington Nationals.
The Nationals are without 11 players due to COVID-19, including Trea Turner, Josh Bell, Kyle Schwarber, Josh Harrison, and both the team's usual catchers in Yan Gomes and Alex Avila. Juan Soto may also be below 100 percent after dealing with a calf injury. Smyly will basically be going up against a lineup filled with reserves and call-ups. First pitch is scheduled for 4:05pm ET.
numberFire's models project Smyly for 29.5 FanDuel points on Tuesday and he has a salary of $7,300. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Nationals have an implied total of 3.8 runs.
- Albert Pujols operating first base for Los Angeles on Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- A.J. Pollock hitting fifth in Dodgers' Game 5 Thursday lineup October 21st, 2021
- Dodgers' Justin Turner sitting on Thursday October 21st, 2021
- Gavin Lux heads to Dodgers' bench on Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Jose Siri batting eighth for Houston in Game 5 on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Astros' Jake Meyers (shoulder) scratched Tuesday October 19th, 2021
- Dansby Swanson moving into Braves leadoff spot Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Braves' Huascar Ynoa (shoulder) scratched from NLCS Game 4 start October 20th, 2021
- Freddie Freeman still in Braves two-hole for NLCS Game 3 October 19th, 2021
- Eddie Rosario leading off in Atlanta's Saturday Game 1 lineup October 16th, 2021
- Dansby Swanson now leading off for Braves in NLDS Game 4 October 12th, 2021
- Braves' Jorge Soler (COVID-19) scratched Tuesday, Guillermo Heredia added October 12th, 2021