Braves' Mike Soroka (Achilles) tosses two innings on Sunday
Atlanta Braves pitcher Mike Soroka (Achilles) threw two innings in Sunday's simulated game.
Soroka, who had surgery on his Achilles back in August, continues to ramp up his recovery. He reportedly looked "very good" for a pitcher who hadn't played in seven months. He faces an uphill battle to be ready in time for Opening Day, as the usual recovery time for an Achilles injury is nine to twelve months.
numberFire's 2021 season projections for Soroka include 8 wins, 118 strikeouts, 44 walks, and a 4.08 ERA in 140 innings pitched.
- Angels-Twins game postponed due to contact tracing on Saturday April 17th, 2021
- Victor Caratini catching for Padres on Saturday night April 17th, 2021
- Tommy Pham in left field for Padres on Saturday April 17th, 2021
- Eric Hosmer out of San Diego's Saturday lineup against Dodgers April 17th, 2021
- Austin Barnes behind the plate for Dodgers on Saturday April 17th, 2021
- Dodgers' Will Smith receives a breather on Saturday night April 17th, 2021
- Atlanta's Ender Inciarte (hamstring) placed on 10-day injured list April 17th, 2021
- Ozzie Albies (calf) out of Atlanta's Saturday lineup against Cubs April 17th, 2021
- Guillermo Heredia in center field for Atlanta on Saturday April 17th, 2021
- Atlanta's Austin Riley starting at third base on Saturday afternoon April 17th, 2021
- Ender Inciarte in Braves' lineup against Cubs April 16th, 2021
- Braves' Ehire Adrianza on hot corner Friday afternoon April 16th, 2021