Maddon: Angeles' Max Stassi (hip) could make spring debut next week
Los Angeles Angels catcher Max Stassi could make his Spring Training debut within the next week.
That's what manager Joe Maddon told reporters Saturday. Stassi underwent hip surgery during the offseason, and he's continuing to rehabilitate from it. Should he play without any setbacks in the near future, he'll be on track to suit up Opening Day. Should Stassi be limited in any way to start the year, Kurt Suzuki could be in line for extra playing time.
Our models currently project Stassi for a .225 batting average with a .698 OPS, 13 home runs, 43 RBI and 37 runs across 331 plate appearances.
- Jace Peterson batting eighth for Brewers on Friday April 16th, 2021
- Orioles starting Pedro Severino behind the plate on Friday April 16th, 2021
- Phillip Evans hitting second for Pirates on Friday night April 16th, 2021
- Alex Avila catching for Nationals on Friday April 16th, 2021
- Yankees starting Clint Frazier in left field on Friday April 16th, 2021
- Brett Gardner out of Yankees' Friday lineup against Rays April 16th, 2021
- Anthony Bemboom catching for Angels Wednesday afternoon April 14th, 2021
- Angels' Jose Rojas on hot corner Wednesday April 14th, 2021
- Angels' Justin Upton (back) scratched on Tuesday, Jon Jay batting eighth against Royals April 13th, 2021
- Angels' Jack Mayfield making season debut Tuesday April 13th, 2021
- Angels put Max Stassi on injured list with thumb sprain April 13th, 2021
- Angels' Albert Pujols stepping in for late scratch Juan Lagares (calf) April 12th, 2021