Phillies' J.T. Realmuto (thumb) expects to be ready by Opening Day
Philadelphia Phillies catcher J.T. Realmuto expects to be ready to play Opening Day, he told media Saturday.
Realmuto has missed the start of Spring Training due to a fractured thumb, but his cast has been removed and it seems as though he's on track for a full recovery by the beginning of the season. "Everything's still on time," Realmuto said. "From [next Thursday], it'll give me three weeks to get ready for the season. Which, I mean, that's plenty of time -- in my opinion. That's what we had for the Summer Camp last year." If Realmuto faces a setback over the next few weeks, look for Andrew Knapp to assume the starting role.
Our models currently project Realmuto for a .270 batting average with an .810 OPS, 24 home runs, 74 RBI and 77 runs across 530 plate appearances this season.
- Kole Calhoun batting second for Arizona on Tuesday April 20th, 2021
- Ozzie Albies (calf) back in Braves' lineup on Tuesday April 20th, 2021
- Ronald Acuna Jr. (abdominal) not in Braves' Tuesday lineup April 20th, 2021
- Indians' Josh Naylor batting seventh on Tuesday April 20th, 2021
- Pablo Sandoval starting for Braves on Tuesday April 20th, 2021
- Chicago's Andrew Vaughn batting eighth on Tuesday April 20th, 2021
- Nick Maton starting at shortstop for Phillies Monday April 19th, 2021
- Didi Gregorius sitting for Phillies Monday April 19th, 2021
- Phillies' Mickey Moniak starting over Roman Quinn Sunday April 18th, 2021
- Bryce Harper back in Phillies' lineup Sunday; Matt Joyce back on bench April 18th, 2021
- Phillies starting Roman Quinn in center on Saturday afternoon April 17th, 2021
- Matt Joyce in right field for Philadelphia on Saturday April 17th, 2021