White Sox's Yasmani Grandal (knee) swinging in cage on Friday
According to manager Tony La Russa, Chicago White Sox catcher Yasmani Grandal (knee) is not ready to play in the field yet.
Grandal has progressed to swinging in the batting cage while he recovers from a knee injury during last week's spring training drills. Expect the veteran to play his fielding position behind the plate before Opening Day's matchup against the Los Angeles Angels.
As Chicago's starting catcher, numberFire's models currently project Grandal to produce a .238 average with 23 home runs and 66 RBI in 499 total plate appearances.
- Ramon Urias starting at second base for Orioles Sunday April 18th, 2021
- Brock Holt sitting on Sunday for Texas April 18th, 2021
- Chance Sisco catching for Orioles Sunday; Pedro Severino resting April 18th, 2021
- Luis Urias sitting for Brewers Sunday April 18th, 2021
- Daniel Robertson playing shortstop for Brewers Sunday April 18th, 2021
- Brewers' Manny Pina catching for resting Omar Narvaez Sunday April 18th, 2021
- Zack Collins batting sixth for White Sox on Saturday April 17th, 2021
- Red Sox-White Sox postponed due to rain Friday April 16th, 2021
- Tim Anderson (hamstring) back Thursday for White Sox April 15th, 2021
- Yasmani Grandal behind bag for White Sox against Indians April 15th, 2021
- White Sox's Nick Williams sitting on Wednesday April 14th, 2021
- White Sox starting Leury Garcia at shortstop on Wednesday April 14th, 2021