Aledmys Diaz at Astros' DH for Game 3
Houston Astros infielder Aledmys Diaz will bat eighth as the designated hitter on Wednesday afternoon in Game 3 of the American League Division Series versus left-hander Jesus Luzardo and the Oakland Athletics.
It will be Diaz's first turn in the starting lineup this postseason. Michael Brantley will shift to left field after serving as the Astros' DH in Game 2. Kyle Tucker will man the opposite corner while Josh Reddick sits. Houston's full lineup as they look to advance with a win: George Springer CF, Jose Altuve 2B, Brantley LF, Alex Bregman 3B, Carlos Correa SS, Tucker RF, Yuli Gurriel 1B, Diaz DH, Martin Maldonado C. Jose Urquidy will be on the mound.
Diaz averaged 7.4 FanDuel points per game during the regular season. He only went 4-for-20 (.200) against left-handers and is a career .233 batter versus southpaws. Per numberFire's MLB Heat Map, the Astros have an implied total of 4.5 runs on Wednesday.
- Gorgui Dieng starting for Memphis on Saturday in place of injured Brandon Clarke February 6th, 2021
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 7 lineup Saturday October 17th, 2020
- Aledmys Diaz not in Houston's Saturday lineup for Game 7 October 17th, 2020
- Houston's Aledmys Diaz starting in Friday's Game 6 lineup against Rays October 16th, 2020
- Martin Maldonado catching as Astros hope to avoid elimination October 14th, 2020
- Josh Reddick at DH for Astros versus Rays in Game 4 October 14th, 2020
- Dustin Garneau behind Astros' plate Tuesday October 13th, 2020