Brett Gardner starting in Yankees' Wild Card opener Tuesday
New York Yankees outfielder Brett Gardner is in the starting lineup for Game 1 of the Wild Card Round on Tuesday against right-hander Shane Bieber and the Cleveland Indians.
Gardner will man left field over Clint Frazier and hit eighth after seeing some sporadic playing time down the stretch. The 37-year-old veteran finished the regular season with a career-low .223 batting average. The Yankees' full lineup for Game 1: DJ LeMahieu 2B, Aaron Judge RF, Aaron Hicks CF, Luke Voit 1B, Giancarlo Stanton DH, Gio Urshela 3B, Gleyber Torres SS, Gardner LF, Kyle Higashioka C. Gerrit Cole will be on the mound for the Pinstripes.
numberFire's models expect Gardner to score 9.4 FanDuel points on Tuesday with a salary of $2,700. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Yankees currently have an implied total of 3.3 runs.
- Gorgui Dieng starting for Memphis on Saturday in place of injured Brandon Clarke February 6th, 2021
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Giancarlo Stanton batting cleanup as Yankees try to stay alive October 8th, 2020
- Kyle Higashioka starting for Yankees in Wednesday's Game 3 October 7th, 2020
- Brett Gardner in Yankees' Game 3 lineup Wednesday October 7th, 2020
- Gary Sanchez sitting for Yankees in Wednesday's Game 3 October 7th, 2020
- Clint Frazier sitting in Game 3 for New York Wednesday October 7th, 2020
- Gary Sanchez catching for Yankees in Game 2 on Tuesday October 6th, 2020