Matt Shoemaker toeing rubber for Blue Jays in Game 1
Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Matt Shoemaker will start Game 1 against the Tampa Bay Rays in the Wild Card Round on Tuesday.
Hyun-Jin Ryu will start Game 2 on Wednesday and Taijuan Walker would start a potential Game 3. Ryu would be on regular rest Tuesday, so it's a bit of a surprise. Blue Jays manager Charlie Montoyo said they "have to be creative" against "one of the best teams in baseball," so the Blue Jays could wind up going with a bullpen approach. Shoemaker allowing one run over three innings on September 21 after missing a month with a lat strain.
Shoemaker averaged 21.2 FanDuel points over six starts this season with a 4.71 ERA and 22.6 strikeout percentage.
- Jeremy Lamb (conditioning) questionable Saturday for Pacers January 7th, 2022
- Jorge Soler leading off for Braves in Game 5 on Sunday October 31st, 2021
- Joc Pederson batting fifth in Atlanta's Saturday Game 4 lineup October 30th, 2021
- Jorge Soler heads to Atlanta's bench on Saturday October 30th, 2021
- Jose Siri out of Houston's Game 3 Friday lineup October 29th, 2021
- Joc Pederson heads to Atlanta's bench on Friday night October 29th, 2021
- San Francisco's Wilmer Flores operating first base on Thursday night October 14th, 2021
- LaMonte Wade Jr. out of Giants' Game 5 Thursday lineup against Dodgers October 14th, 2021
- Dodgers name Corey Knebel as NLDS Game 5 starter over Julio Urias October 14th, 2021
- Darin Ruf in San Francisco's Game 4 lineup Tuesday night October 12th, 2021
- Steven Duggar sitting on Tuesday for San Francisco in Game 4 October 12th, 2021
- Darin Ruf sitting for Giants Monday October 11th, 2021