Pirates' Jared Oliva making first MLB start Tuesday
Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder Jared Oliva will start in left field and bat ninth on Tuesday versus left-hander Jose Quintana and the Chicago Cubs.
Oliva will be making his first start in the majors on Tuesday. He was called up on Monday and went 0-for-1 with a strikeout. The 24-year-old slashed .277/.352/.398 with 6 home runs, 42 RBI, and 36 stolen bases in 123 games last season in Double-A. Jose Osuna will shift to first base and move up to the three-hole while Colin Moran grabs a seat.
Per numberFire's MLB Heat Map, the Pirates have an implied total of 3.9 runs on Tuesday. Our models expect Oliva to score 4.1 FanDuel points in his first start.
- Gorgui Dieng starting for Memphis on Saturday in place of injured Brandon Clarke February 6th, 2021
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Pirates' Jacob Stalling placed on seven-day concussion injured list, Andrew Susac to start against Cleveland on Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Gregory Polanco not in Pirates' Sunday lineup September 27th, 2020
- JT Riddle batting seventh for Pirates on Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Jared Oliva not in Pirates' Saturday lineup September 26th, 2020
- Jose Osuna starting on Saturday for Pittsburgh September 26th, 2020
- Erik Gonzalez starting for Pirates in Friday opener September 25th, 2020