Padres' Mike Clevinger (bicep) scratched from Saturday start; Luis Patino to take bump
San Diego Padres starting pitcher Mike Clevinger was scratched from Saturday's start against the Seattle Mariners.
Clevinger is dealing with some right bicep tightness, per manager Jayce Tingler, who would describe his ace pitcher as about 85 to 90 percent health. Removing him is out of caution, as the team hopes he'll be fully healthy by the playoffs. Luis Patino will take the hill against the Mariners lineup.
In 40.7 IP this season, Clevinger has a 3-2 record with a 3.10 ERA and a 1.18 WHIP.
- Jake Fraley scratched from Mariners' Thursday lineup; Taylor Trammell back in June 17th, 2021
- Luis Rengifo starting for Los Angeles Thursday June 17th, 2021
- Kean Wong in Angels' Thursday lineup June 17th, 2021
- Jose Iglesias not in Angels' Thursday lineup June 17th, 2021
- Max Stassi sitting on Thursday for Los Angeles June 17th, 2021
- Kurt Suzuki starting for Los Angeles on Thursday June 17th, 2021
- Victor Caratini catching for San Diego versus Reds June 17th, 2021
- Padres' Jake Cronenworth on second base Thursday June 17th, 2021
- Eric Hosmer back on first Thursday for Padres June 17th, 2021
- Victor Caratini on San Diego's bench Wednesday June 16th, 2021
- Padres' Jake Cronenworth sitting Wednesday June 16th, 2021
- Eric Hosmer sitting for Padres Wednesday afternoon June 16th, 2021